We have been using the Sermon Browser Plug-In on my parish website with great success. It is a FREE plug-in that makes it easy to post audio files of homilies on your website, and can make them available as a podcast. We use a digital audio recorder attached to our parish sound system that is then posted to the website with a few clicks. It also supports video, but we currently only use it for audio. You can also attach any files, such as a related YouTube video, artwork, or website that brings more meaning to the homily. This plug-in was developed by Marc Barnes, a pastor of Bethel Evangelical Church in Wales.
The Sermon Browser WordPress Plugin allows churches to simply upload homilies to their website, where they can be searched, listened to, and downloaded. It is easy to use with comprehensive help and tutorials, and is used on hundreds of church websites.
1) Store thousands of sermons, and search them by topic, preacher, bible passage or date.
2) Full podcasting capabilities, including custom podcasts for individual users.
3) Sermons uploaded in mp3 format can be played directly on your website using your choice of WordPress MP3 plugins (including 1PixelOut Audio Player).
4) Three optional sidebar widgets can display sermons on all of your posts or pages.
5) Embed videos and other flash files from sites such as YouTube or Vimeo, using either HTML code provided by those sites, or shortcode providing by a WordPress plugin.
6) Other file types can also be uploaded, including PDF, Powerpoint, Word, text and RTF. Multiple files can be attached to single sermons.
7) The full Bible text of the passage being preached on can be included on each sermon page (eight English-language versions including ESV and NET, plus Spanish, Russian and Romanian).
8) Files can be uploaded to your own site through the browser or via FTP. Alternatively you can use free audio hosting sites.
9) Details about each sermon can be added automatically from the MP3′s ID3 tags.
10) Powerful templating function allows complete customisation to complement the look of your site.
11) Simple statistics show how often each sermon has been listened to.
12) Support for both multisite (WordPress 3.0 and above) and WordPress MU (WPMU) for earlier versions of WordPress.
13) Extensive help and tutorial screencasts.
14) Active community support fourm.
15) English, German, Portugese Brazilian, Romanian, Russian and Spanish translations included.
This plug-in is one of over 20,000 plug-ins now available for WordPress. We will be featuring more plug-ins in this blog. Do you have any plug-ins to suggest, or do you have other ways you use audio, video, and podcast files at your parish? Comments and suggestions are welcome!